The Vines Pub
81 Lime Street
(juniors 6pm until 7:30pm)
Jim Gallagher – 07789 924983
Join The Club
If you would like to join Liverpool Chess Club please complete the contact form to the right or call on the above number
Visitors to Liverpool Chess Club
Liverpool Chess club has regular visitors from chess players from all over the world keen to feel the history of the club, varying from Grandmasters to club players. Visiting the club is made much easier by the location of the club in The Vines which is next to the Adelphi Hotel and close to Liverpool Lime Street station and the main Liverpool Bus Terminal
The Historical Vines Pub
The Vines pub has its own historical past which adds to the historic feel of the club. The Vines was first opened in 1867 by Albert B Vines. It was rebuilt in 1907 to the design of Walter W Thomas (April 1849 – 30 October 1912) who was a British architect who practised in Liverpool, and who specialised in designing public houses in the city.
The Vines is known to one and all as The Big House. This exuberantly baroque pub has etched glass windows, a folly tower and extravagant faux Dutch gables. Inside, in the lounge bar there is a monumental fireplace in mahogany & beaten copper. In the Queensbury Room, above the fireplace is a splendid wooden bas-relief Viking Longboats by Gustave Hiller.
Visitors to Liverpool Chess Club:
Club players from around the world: